When is Cold and Flu Season?
If you've ever wondered, "When is cold and flu season?" look no further. Flu and cold activity normally starts with the onset of the cold season, which begins to make an appearance after October and continues till February. The peak of cold and flu season is typically in January or February. However, with changing weather trends all over the world, unseasonal showers and cold winds can make an appearance when least expected. This means that you must be prepared to battle the cold and flu season at all times.
Prepare your home for the season with the following precautions:
- Carry Dettol® Disinfecting Personal Wipes to help stop the spread of cold and flu virus
- Cough and sneeze into your arm or a tissue paper to reduce the spread of germs.
Wash your hands frequently with a hand soap like Dettol® No Touch Handsoap. Use Dettol® Disinfectant Spray to easily disinfect surfaces at home, work, or school.
Food and Drink
- Eat nutrient-dense whole foods like fruits and vegetables that are full of antioxidants. These will help clear out toxins and keep the organs in good condition.
- Garlic will help clear the sinuses and serve as a boost for your immune system.
Healthy Daily Habits
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, especially if you have been in contact with a flu or cold sufferer.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Exercise at least 3 days a week1 to reduce stress and boost immunity.
Using these methods will help prepare you for when cold and flu season hits. Help protect your family and reduce the stresses of cold and flu season.