LEARNING TO DRAW: ENJOYING MESSY TIME WITHOUT THE WORRY OF CLEANING
Drawing is an activity that can benefit children immensely. It greatly improves their precise motor skills such as picking up objects and carrying them, and eye-to-hand coordination. It also develops their imagination and makes them alert to details as they examine things attentively.
Drawing is also a means of self-expression in absence of the ability to communicate feelings through words, which sometimes can be quite frustrating.
Through drawing, children also learn to compare shapes, colours and sizes. So encourage them to discover and learn on their own.
Dettol Professionals’ Tips
Here are some suggestions from Dettol Professionals to assist you with your child’s new colourful experience.
- Limit the amount of products: give your baby small amounts of colours, crayons and material, and renew as needed.
- Define the workspace: your child’s discovery area should not expand beyond the table. This is where colours and pens and the likes will be allowed, and not for example, the walls of your home and the floors. Their creativity (and the entailed mess) should be contained this way.
- Cover it up: the simplest way of shielding against mess is to place protective covers on your child’s creative area. Options to consider are a cotton sheet, table cover or even a shower curtain.
- Cover your child too: dress them up in an old t-shirt or apron to protect their clothes from paint and colour stains.
- Opt for washable colouring kits: using washable water colours and crayons will simplify the process of cleaning after the creative mess.
- Move it outside: when the weather permits, relocate the drawing mess outside to a garden if possible. Once done, all you need to do is hose everything clean and restore order.
- Clean after: at the end of your child’s magical creative experience, use Dettol’s All Purpose Cleaner* to clean and disinfect the surface.
- Don’t forget to thoroughly wash your child’s hands with Dettol antibacterial handwash to not only remove colors, but also protect from germs.
*Keep out of reach of children.
All Purpose Cleaner
Dettol Healthy Home Multi-Action Cleaner’s unique formula is specifically developed to remove stains, brighten surfaces and leave a lasting fresh fragrance.