HOW TO KEEP YOUR “CRAWLER” SAFE
Your baby has finally started to crawl, and you’ve begun running after them making sure that they don’t harm themselves or break anything.
It is your responsibility to provide a safe and comfortable environment for your children. To ensure that your child has a healthy and carefree environment to play in, Dettol Professionals recommend that your floor is cleaned with a cleaner such as Dettol All Purpose cleaner, which gives your home a complete clean every time by providing 4in1 cleaning power and trusted family protection, as it kills 99.9% of germs including E. coli and Influenza virus (H1N1), while also disinfecting the floor using Dettol Antiseptic Liquid.
Here are a few more simple and effective guidelines recommended by Dettol to ensure your child’s safety and well-being:
- Lock all knives, heavy glassware, fragile items, and any other dangerous things away from your child’s reach.
- Block access to unsafe areas by locking doors and placing covers on door handles.
- If the reachable cabinets and drawers contain potentially harmful items, keep them locked as well.
- Trash cans should be put away in cabinets that are out of reach, or you may opt for cans that have child-proofed lids.
- Cover up and block access to heaters, furnaces or radiators.
- Keep your refrigerator locked.
- Do not use table covers or spreads that can be pulled by your little one along with everything on it.
- Distract your child from places they should not reach, by keeping one cabinet unlocked and full of light and baby-safe objects.
- Cut or tie all ropes or chains dangling from curtains.
- Mark all sliding doors or other glass interfaces with colourful stickers.
- Keep your child away from open windows.
Child-proofing against water
- Never leave your child unattended around swimming pools, sinks or any other water bodies – even for a second!
- Install a 1.25m high auto-closing fence around pools.
- Make sure no water, detergent or any other fluids are left in pots or buckets.
Child-proofing against toxins & chemicals
- All cleaning / washing detergents, disinfectants and medicines should be kept out of your child’s reach, preferably locked away.
- Your purse or that of your visitors might contain medication, beauty products or other harmful items, so ensure they are not within your child’s reach.
- Any poisonous plants should be relocated.
Child-proofing against chairs
- All chairs should be solid, stable and equipped with a seatbelt.
- Secure the seat fasteners to the table if not already attached.
- Secure the seatbelt.
Child-proofing against doors
- Use door bumpers for opening and closing to protect your child’s fingers.
- Hide cables behind furniture, or use cable covers to conceal them.
- Keep hair dryers, toasters and other appliances, unplugged and out of reach.
And lastly, the most vital advice is to never leave your child unattended. Keep them within your sight, all the time.
All Purpose Cleaner
Dettol Healthy Home Multi-Action Cleaner’s unique formula is specifically developed to remove stains, brighten surfaces and leave a lasting fresh fragrance.