Sterilizing Baby Bottles: The 3 Safest Methods
If you are in the habit of taking your baby with you for car rides, it’s obvious that you use a baby seat to keep them safe and limit their movement.
We all know how messy children can get. That’s why it’s essential to clean their personal belongings and accessories thoroughly to keep them and the rest of your family germ-free, and that includes your car seat.
Here are a few handy hints from Dettol Professionals to help you maintain your car seat.
• When the car seat gets dirty, don’t try to clean it in the car. Instead, take it out and clean it at home. That way, you’ll avoid leaks or spills to the actual seats of your car.
• Lay a bed sheet on the floor and place the car seat on it. Remove all the covers and scrub them thoroughly.
• After removing the covers, you can wash the material by hand or in the washing machine using reliable and trusted cleaning products.
• The plastic that’s under the cloth should be also cleaned. This should be done with a solution of water and soap: sterilise it with reliable antiseptics, then leave it to dry.
• Don’t forget the car seat locks. These can be completely detached from the seat, but make sure you know how to put them back. Wipe them carefully and sanitize them with your trusted Dettol Antiseptic Liquid*. Then wash them with water and leave to air dry.
• Use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the crumbs.
• Use cold water to clean vomit. Hot water will make it harder to remove the stench. But after soaking the stain long enough with cold water, use a trusted cleaning detergent to scrub the spot clean.
• In case of diaper leaks, wash the fabric out with cold water. Soak it in hot water with a trusted antiseptic and stain remover for 30 minutes. Then wash it out in the washing machine at the highest temperature indicated on the tag. Wipe the plastic clean before reinstalling the fabric.
• For all other stains, remember not to dry the fabric until they are properly removed.
• Remember to disinfect the car seat from time to time. Dettol wipes come in quite handy if you need to quickly clean and disinfect the car seat. When it comes to cleaning at home, you can use Dettol’s ASL trigger spray for the plastic of the car seat, and on the fabric and cushioned areas, use Dettol Disinfectant spray for which is suitable for use on soft surfaces, while giving you the germ protection of Dettol.
Lastly, Dettol Professionals have some more useful advice for you. When your child is old enough, try throwing some garbage and teaching your child how to pick it up. A simple plastic garbage bin will suffice for teaching your baby how to toss away trash.
*For external use only.
For disinfection of hard surfaces, dilute 1 cap of ASL at a 1:20 ratio in water
Antiseptic Liquid Original
A house is not a home without the iconic Dettol Antiseptic Liquid. A non-poisonous disinfectant that can be used for first aid & around the home - providing all-round family protection against germs. Recommended by medical professionals.